Windows 7 still shows old icons after change! I found a solution but I don't think it's the best but it works.
Close all folders that are currently open.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC key sequence
- Right-click on the Explorer.exe process and kill it by selecting End Process.
- At File menu of Task Manager, select New Task (Run…)
- Type CMD.EXE, and click OK
- At thePrompt window, type the commands line by line and press ENTER after each command:
CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
DEL IconCache.db /a
- In Task Manager, click File, select New Task (Run…)
- Type EXPLORER.EXE, and click OK.